Re: Boston radio now-- or rather, Clear Channel radio now

What the original poster meant, I think, is that for all the consolidation
that's going on not all of it will pan out.  For instance, Clear Channel is
shutting down its Star System cyberjocking operation in Austin; voice tracks
will now be cut at local stations instead.  But some fears are proving true;
CC's WKTU/New York has started doing paid backsells on Jennifer Lopez's new
single.  The thing is, nobody knows how all these attempts at revenue
enhancement and efficiency of scale will work out on the local level *over
time;* surely one or more of the operators will get in over their heads and
either go bust or sell out.  BTW, would anyone within earshot of New York's FM
stations be able to substantiate a report I just read that Infinity is
simulcasting K-ROCK on WNEW?

Take care,
Chris