Re: Boston radio now-- or rather, Clear Channel radio now

>Mark wrote--
>That thought had crossed my mind as well, and then I remembered that the
>dismantling of radio regulation took place largely while we did have a
>Democratic administration.

Yeah, except (Dan Billings, please don't hate me) this was largely pushed
by the Republican congress, who have received MILLIONS in donations and
contributions from the NAB and various companies like Clear
Channel.  Clinton signed it because congress had enough votes to over-ride
his veto.  (I am not defending Clinton-- I am just saying it would have
passed anyway.)  Columbia Journalism Review this past September did an
article on how many millions in lobbying bucks went into getting the
Telecom Act passed... sigh...