Re: Boston radio now-- or rather, Clear Channel radio now

--- Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> wrote:

> Yeah, except (Dan Billings, please don't hate me)
> this was largely pushed
> by the Republican congress, who have received
> MILLIONS in donations and
> contributions from the NAB and various companies
> like Clear Channel.  Clinton signed it because
>congress had enough votes to over-ride
> his veto.

Also, remember that there was a lot of pressure put
on by those who tried to present this as a consumer
friendly bill, in that it supposedly would solve a
number of consumer issues related to cable TV.  This
is how they (whoever is they?) generated citizen
calls and letters in support of the bill.

=====
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH