Re: Re: Boston radio now-- or rather, Clear Channel radio now

Listen, I thought Politics were verboten here! Or is it only Conservative Politics that's not allowed.....

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH

"A. Joseph Ross" <lawyer@world.std.com> wrote:
> On 30 Apr 2001,  Donna Halper wrote:

> Anyone have an opinion on the brutally frank critique of Clear Channel in
> salon.com?
>
> http://www.salon.com/ent/feature/2001/04/30/clear_channel/index.html

Well, if we didn't have a Republican administration, there might be some
hope that the FCC might hold an inquiry about whether Clear Channel is fit
to be a licensee.  The thing about such a large company is that an FCC
decision that they are unfit to hold a radio license can result in some
massive shutdowns or divestitures.

And, if we didn't have a Republican administration, there might be some
hope of the Justice Department investigating for anti-trust violations.

Maybe the overpowering odor of this company will reach a few members of
Congress.  And maybe the Democrats will take over Congress in the next
election.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/