Re: RE: WDER 1320 AM Derry has a web site

Phil Buckley of Salem (listed in a WHOIS search
as owner of howiecarr.com and howicarr.net) had
grabbed those two domains and put up a Howie fan site;
he had said in the past
that he would gladly "give" the domain(s) to Howie/RKO
if they wished. WRKO, as I understand it, complained
that they had intellectual (make joke here) property
rights to "Howie Carr" and that Buckley
should take his sites down. Supposedly under domain
naming rights rules, WRKO or Howie should have the
rights to those domains. (If, for example, one of
us were to get "chevrolet.net", lawyers from General
Motors would soon be contacting us...)

But when you go to howiecarr.com or howiecarr.net
you get a site called "newsfeed@howiecarr.com" while
howiecarr.net brings you to the WRKO page--so maybe
WRKO's attempt to grab the domains was unsuccessful.
I'm not sure if Buckley (again, listed by WHOIS as
owner of the domains) is running these sites on his
own or somehow has been given permission by WRKO
to do so. (And Phil Buckley has emailed me before,
so Phil,if you're out there, could you let us know
what's going on with this? Thanks!)