Re: Celtics on WWZN

 Mark Shneyder wrote:

>Sarandis was likely going to be the next Celtics radio voice in
>*if* 1) Rick Pitino was still with the C's(they are good friends
>since the days when Pitino was a young asst. coach at Syracuse and
>Sarandis was a student there in the 70's) -and- 2) had
>the C's stayed at 'EEI for the next 5 years.

Curiously, did WEEI handle the Celts any better than they handle the Sox?
Half the time they either don't send automation tones at local breaks or
send them late so the local break slops over the return (I feel bad for
stations that run the Sox totally unattended...at WKXL we're still
babysitting the games with a board-op until we get all the glitches worked
out of the automation).  Affiliate relations are a joke...no one EVER
returns calls.  I had to end up calling NSN/Premiere to (1) get proper
Starguide settings and (2) get permissioned to carry the games, even though
we faxed WEEI the serial # of our unit a month and a half earlier.

To their credit, Joe Castiglione and the other guy (can't remember his
name) do a good job with PBP.