Re: Celtics on WWZN

--- Sptseditor@aol.com wrote:
> If Ted were to be offered more money than he was making at WEEI and was offered the chance to
> host an afternoon-drive show (which we keep on hearing Vulcan wants to start on the station)you
> bet he would leave. I had the chance to interview Ted a few years ago for a story which I wrote
> and IIRC he said he would like to do the NBA but seemed content with his current status.
>
> -Sean

Sean,

Sarandis was likely going to be the next Celtics radio voice in
*if* 1) Rick Pitino was still with the C's(they are good friends
since the days when Pitino was a young asst. coach at Syracuse and
Sarandis was a student there in the 70's) -and- 2) had
the C's stayed at 'EEI for the next 5 years.

The Herald mentioned yesterday that MSG's radio voice(Rangers)
Spence Ross, who briefly handled C's call(95/96 and 96/97 seasons),
is one of the candidates for the vacant C's p-b-p job....

Speaking of ESPN, late last night/early this morning
I heard WEEI carrying ESPN Radio and not the usual SportsFan fare.

-Mark