Re: 89.3 pirate goes ID-crazy

By the way, a follow-up on the Beverly (or Salem?)
89.3 pirate: last night I went to bed about 4:30 am
(hey, I work weird hours) and woke up briefly about
6:15 am, hearing the following on 89.3, via my clock
radio:

"It's 6:15 am and Tickle Spider Radio now leaves the
air. We broadcast at a power of 50 watts from high
about Essex County...and will be back later today
for our last broadcast ever." The DJ gave some sort of
name like "DJ Scratch" and then turned off. So I
wonder if tonight will indeed be the last 89.3
pirate broadcast... and note his statement that
they were pushing 50 watts.

Yes, there have probably been some other
professional-sounding pirates out there, too... years
ago someone
sent me a tape of a pirate jazz station from the
San Francisco area and they sounded legit but were not
licensed, in reality.