Re: Nomo coverage

--- Mark Shneyder <bostonradio@yahoo.com> wrote:
> ESPN and ESPN2 both took NESN Don Orsillo's
> sleepy call at the bottom of the 9th.

Ever notice that radio baseball/sports broadcasters
put a lot more emotion (maybe TOO much) into home
run calls, "end of game" statements, etc. than TV
counterparts do? Compare a home run call by Jerry
"WAY back! WAYYY back!" Trupiano to the more sedate
tones of a Sean McDonough...

> Ted "Table For One" Sarandis expanded the Nation
> till 1am on 'EEI. In a typical Sarandis style,
> he shifted the discussion of the show from a great
> game
> to his own agenda

As I've said before, I try to like Ted's show and I
did listen last night to hear fan reaction, but he can
turn me off, too...
Sometimes he comes off as the sports version of David
Brudnoy;
an intelligent approach (and his call for fans to
not over-react to losing the first game of the year
does have merit..."you shouldn't get too high or too
low"). But indeed he does stick to his own agenda
and his own style. Last I heard, the show was called
"Ted Nation" or "The Ted Sarandis Show", not "The
Fans Speak", so he makes full use of his agenda.

The show which follows on WEEI, "The Brick House"
seems like the opposite: while it doesn't totally
condemn intelligent sports talk, it encourages the
callers to be as "passionate" as possible, resulting
in a lot of fans calling in who yell and scream
that their team is the best and will go all the way,
etc. Such callers would be quickly cut off by Ted.
Different approach...