Sox games bump Celts to 'RKO

During the few times during the rest of the regular
season that the Celtics conflict with the Red Sox,
WEEI is carrying the Sox and bumping the Celts to
sister station WRKO (wonder what would happen if
Celts make playoffs-- would Celts demand the games to
be on WEEI, bumping the Sox to 'RKO? How do the
contracts WEEI has with each team deal with this?)

I think the Celts are in the last year of their radio
deal and from what I've heard, they and Entercom
(WEEI/ WRKO owner) are not on the best of terms
right now...also it's been hinted that WTKK or
WWZN (1510) may be interested in getting the rights
to the Celtics. Right now WTKK runs the Inside Track
show (for an hour), a re-run of Barnicle's morning
show, and a syndicated show about setting consumer
disputes, in the time slot that the Celtics would
occupy, so gaining the Celtics would probably not
pre-empt all that much (it would be some nights off
for the "Inside Track"). And WTKK is already doing
some sports at night (I believe they were running
Boston College hockey the past few Friday nights) so
they already do have some sports on their lineup.