Re: Nomo coverage

> I've always wondered--given that neither Tomo Ohka nor Hideo Nomo speak
> English, how do the other players and the sportswriters communicate with
> them?  Tonight, Nomo had an interpreter-- but I doubt he always travels
> with one...

Actually, the interpreter used for WEEI's post game coverage likely does
travel with the team. I don't recall his name, but I believe he was
introduced as an assistant trainer or something like that. I loved the
process of listening to an announcer on the press level asking the announcer
in the dugout (who was the only one wired to hear the booth) to relay a
question, which in turn had to go through the interpreter to Nomo.

-J.