Interesting Letter to the Editor in WSJ

Last week, the Wall Street Journal ran an article about
the visual clutter at the bottom and corners of TV
stations and cable channels.  Today, there was a
letter by one Richard Rhodes of Honey Groves, TX.
I know the webmeisters don't like quotes from
newspapers, but a Letter to the Editor is not exactly
proprietary to the publication and I'm sure the
writer doesn't care.  Here's the letter in full:
      Your March 29, page B1 article "Disappearing
      Act", about the logos and promos that clutter
      our TV screens, didn't mention that many of
      the persistent color logos are burning themselves
      permanently into some very expensive TV
      screens. Fox News has been threatened with
      lawsuits by TV owners who now have a permanent
      'Fox' logo burned into their screens.
      Discovery Channel, the History Channel and
      many others have these persistent, garish,
      distracting and potentially destructive color
      logos on-screen during much of their programming.
      We are under siege.  (End of Letter)
Has anybody out there noticed what he's talking about
on his or her TV?  Is Rhodes just blowing smoke to see his name in the paper?  I await observations by the
technological gurus who inhabit this site.

Laurence Glavin
Methuen, MA
No logos on my TV

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com