Re: Weather cancellations

>This morning, channel 7 turned the cancellations off whenever they went to
>a commercial, then repeatedly took a couple of minutes to turn them on
>again when the program started again.  I imagine it must have been
>incredibly annoying for anyone waiting for a particular cancellation
>notice to come around.

Which is why radio will always beat TV when it comes to cancellations.  You
listen, and you hear when you're looking for in about 5 minutes.  Not like
TV, where the crawl disappears just as it's getting to what you're looking
for -- only to return from commercial and have it pass by the cancellation
you wanted to see.  Or turning your head for a second -- only to have it pass
by at the speed of light at that exact moment.