Re: A Star is Born?

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001 22:54:56 -0500 "Dan Strassberg"
<Dan.Strassberg@att.net> writes:
> Heck, why not
> WJIB for
> the nighttime rebroadcast? There's more intelligence in 30 seconds
> of Lydon
> than in a whole week of WRKO (or in 10 years of Howie). I think Bob
> Bittner
> ought to pick up Provizer's lead and put out his own press release
> offering
> to air Lydon's program commercial-free nightly from 8:00 to 10:00 PM
> for,
> say, a 2% interest in Lydon's company.

Great idea!  but why would it have to be commerical free?  Isn't Lydon's
new company a for-profit?  If he sticks to the NPR format there are two
breaks an hour during the body of the show (20:30 to 22  and 40:30 to
42:30 as well as the top of the hour 57:50 to 00:00)
If he goes with the PRI breaks it would be limited to one during each
hour at 33:00 to 35:00 and again at the top of the hour from 58:30 to
00:00

Granted, these aren't the kinds of avails that would make Mel's heart
race but given a station with a decent signal over Boston at night.....

Great AB press release ;-)

df

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.