Re: non-profit AND commercial radio

As far as I can remember, WMWM was 130 watts when I
first got there in the fall of '80. There were posters
up saying "now 130 watts!" so maybe they had just
gone up to that power in '79 or early '80.

I do have the feeling WUMB's signal is intended for
Boston and the South Shore but it does OK in southern
Essex county (Lynn, Peabody, Saugus, Danvers etc.)
WUMB has 660 watts.