Re: Radio grids

On 28 Feb 2001,  Shawn Mamros wrote:

> Radio programming - at least for the commercial stations - doesn't work
> that way.  Most stations follow a given format on a nearly full-time
> basis.  There wouldn't be much to put on a grid, except perhaps for
> the names of the hosts,

This reminds me of when, in the 1950s and 60s, the old Boston Herald and
Traveler used to list FM stations in a separate section, with the complete
broadcast day of each station listed in full under a heading identifying
the station call letters and frequency.  This was distinct from the
regular AM listings in tabular format.  The heading of the section was "AM-
FM Stations," apparently because they included WBOS 1600 in that section,
even before the debut of WBOS-FM.

WCOP-FM was listed in that section when it was running a classical format,
from about 1960-62.  When they discontinued the classical format and went
back to simulcasting the AM, they continued to be listed in that section,
but the listing simply became a list of the names of DJs.  Eventually,
they added WCOP-AM to the heading.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/