RE: LTAR 12/17

But Canadian postal codes are parsed into 3+3
which would make it H0H 0H0, which isn't nearly as cute.
Someone from Canada told me that a lot of thought went
into the alternating letters and digits. For one thing,
if you know where in the postal code a character
appears, you know whether it is a digit or a letter. So,
presumably, the 0's (that is, zeros) can't be confused
with O's (that is Oh's). I note, however, that in the
Fixedsys font in which I'm typing this message, both
characters use the same symbol--just like on the
typewriters of yore.