Re: Working on Xmas (was: Re: Christmas music)

At 12:36 PM 12/24/00 -0500, Larry Weil wrote:

>It is almost considered a duty for us Jewish folk to work on Christmas in
>broadcasting or any other 24/7 job, such as emergency or medical services,
>so that Christian people can have the day off.  We consider it our annual
>good deed and a way of showing respect for the beliefs of our co-workers.

I always was somewhat amused when I was managing for a large (now absorbed)
chain of movie theatres in the Boston area that the official policy manual
listed for permissible religious holidays two Christian and about fourteen
Jewish holidays.  Most of my Jewish friends had never heard of 1/2 of the
ones on the list.  Of course, if you were in the trenches as a manager,
good luck on taking any of them off.

Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
75 Walnut St.
Peabody, MA  01960-5626 USA
Sales:  (800)231-8849/Sales Fax:  (800)329-2775
Business Office: +1-978-538-7575/Business Fax:  +1-978-538-7550
Visit us on the web at "www.cssinc.com"