Re: test

On 23 Dec 2000,  dan.strassberg@att.net wrote:

> I too detest HTML in messages from the list. I belong to
> lists that don't filter it out and the HTML messages are
> a royal pain.

My e-mail software (Pegasus) is supposed to be able to display HTML
correctly or to filter it out and show plain text.  I have the latter
option set.  Most annoying is mail, usually from spammers, which does not
resolve into either plain text or an HTML display, but instead simply has
a lot of <> codes interspersed between the text, making the text
practically unreadable.  I can't imagine what anyone can be thinking in
sending out mail that way!

It appears, however, that AOL, with its 20-
> odd million users, has embarked on a campaign to have
> HTML replace plaintext as the standard for Internet e-
> mail. Why else would AOL force users who must
> communicate with text-only services to get accounts
> elsewhere?

I suppose if there are enough people going elsewhere, and enough protest,
they'll have to change.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/