Re: WMEX business format

At 01:06 AM 12/18/00 -0500, Dan Strassberg wrote:
[snip]
>I would think that, with a business format, it might make sense to pick up
>the Dolans instead of Dr Joy Browne from WOR. The Dolans air live from
>1:00 to 3:00 EST.
>A less costly alternative to the Dolans is Don MacDonald's show from the
>Business Talk Network, for which WBNW and WPLM are the local affiliates.
>WBNW/WPLM don't carry MacDonald, however (or carry the show on delay from
>2:00 AM to 5:00 AM), presumably because the advice MacDonald provides
>conflicts with that of Barry Armstrong, who owns WBNW. MacDonald may just
>have the best personal-finance call-in show on US radio.
I agree with you on Don McDonald being the best. His do-it-yourself
"no-load" philosophy doesn't sit with commissioned Financial Advisors such
as Armstrong.
One correction: As of December 4, 2000, after 12 years with the same
syndicator (except for a brief period of self-syndication), he has changed
his show to a new network. TalkAmerica Radio Networks distributes The Don
McDonald Show nationwide. (www.talkamerica.com) for the audio feed. It
looks like TalkAmerica is setting up a third network now: TalkAmerica3.
Their website is under construction so it's hard to tell.
Takin' it Easy99.1,
Bill Piacentini
billpi@LL.MIT.EDU
As we close the 20th Century A.D. with a few more days of 2000 left, let me
join with my favorite radio station: locally-owned WPLM-FM 99.1 with
perhaps the largest playlist in the free world playing a unique blend of
great music by great artists in wishing everyone success in its third year
(and second century) of its unique format!