WMEX business format

I heard the first promo this morning for the new business format on
1060--the format that Marjorie Clapprood pre-announced on her final show two
weeks ago. The promo offered no details, but said to stay tuned. One detail
was immediately forthcoming: Brian Higgins, whose program, Brian's Beat,
aired Monday-Friday from 7:00 PM to Philadelphia sunset last summer and is
currently heard Sunday mornings from 7:00 to 9:00, said that his program
_would_ be part of the new lineup.

Higgins, an African-American Libertarian, and seemingly something of an
anti-Semite, is a talk-show host of not especially great talent. This
morning, his theme seemed to be that Lyndon Laruche had unearthed a plot to
by oil companies to sell to foreign countries the oil that was recently
released from America's strategic oil reserves. President Clinton ordered
the oil released for the purpose of alleviating this winter's New England
heating-oil shortage. Supposedly Jews, who don't approve of Laruche's
anti-Semitism and therefore don't want to see Laruche receive publicity,
have conspired to suppress the information on what the oil companies are
doing. I must have missed the part about the black helicopters, though.

The best thing I can say about Higgins' program is that it _is_ more
interesting than the infomercials for for magnetic mattress pads and for
herbal remedies for every real and imagined ailment under the sun that have
filled about half of WMEX's weekend schedule during the past month and a
half or so.

--

Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@worldnet.att.net
Phone: 1-617-558-4205, eFax: 1-707-215-6367