Re: NERW 12/4: A Second FM for WNYC?

Chris Beckwith wrote:

> Bob Stuart has been doing PM drive (2-7) at The River for several years.  One
> of my friends says he's too hyper for the format; to me he just seems
> enthusiastic about his plum gig.

I think you've nailed it.  Bob's been through a few formats over the
years and has taken some criticism for sounding too much like a radio
announcer (!) in a format that favors a laid-back approach.  Although a
carryover from the "today's lite rock, less talk" days of WLYT, Bob
enthusiastically embraced the new format at what was to become WXRV--in
1995 he told me it was the first time he got to play a lot of stuff that
mirrored his home music collection and a remark to that effect remains
attached to Bob's profile at
<http://www.92.5theriver.com/frames/crew/Bob_Stuart/bob_stuart.html>.
Bob is one of two people still holding the same shift since the River's
first trickle in August 1995 (PD Joanne Doody still does 10am-2pm).