Re: well it's the thought that counts

>Mike Thomas wrote:
><snip>
> Now I'm hearing about stations shaving an
>hour off her radio show as well, and WABC is not the only one.  Maybe
>America is
>getting tired of her insensitive, intolerant schtick.  One can only hope.

        WTIC (AM) in Hartford has always broken off the third hour and run
it later. For awhile when they first had the program, they ran it 10-noon
and 3-4 p.m., chopping off the first hour of their local PM drive talk
show. But that didn't last long. I figure they thought what I thought: bad
not to be local that far into the afternoon peak listening time, same as
they didn't want to give up 9-10 a.m. off the morning show. So now they run
the third hour of Not-A-Doctor from 7-8 p.m., and it's subject to various
sports play-by-play pre-emptions. During baseball, it's mostly not on, for
example. So they more-or-less toss the third hour into sub-prime time,
although as far as I know she's popular in this market. There was a
Beatlemania-like frenzy when she came to give one of her live appearances
at a local theater a year or two ago.