Re: End of the FCC AM freeze--and the return of the _UNDEAD_

Well, if you consider Lexington, Lincoln, Concord and
Acton to be parts of MetroWest, the first two would
receive quite a strong daytime signal and the other two
a usable daytime signal. At night, the signal would turn
around and point toward Boston. Lexington and Lincoln
would still get a pretty good night signal but Concord
and Acton are a little far away for that. 1470 is a
_lot_ quieter around here at night than 1430 is, but the
Concord/Acton line is 12 miles away and the night signal
in that direction would be equivalent to only about 1 kW
ND. The night pattern would be (big surprise) a lot like
WAMG's night pattern. As I said, the combination of 1430
and 1470 would cover the market pretty nicely and would
benefit (on analog-tuned radios, anyhow) from their
close proximity on the dial. Reception would still leave
a bit to be desired in areas southwest of Boston.