Re: End of the FCC AM freeze--and the return of the _UNDEAD_

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:13:23 -0500 SteveOrdinetz
<steveord@wavewizard.com> writes:
> At 03:15 PM 11/14/00 +0000, dan.strassberg@att.net wrote:
> >Despite the repeated pronouncements of the
> >death by AM by several on this list (you out there Steve
> >O and Mike T?), we are seeing an apparent resucitation
> >of the UNDEAD.
>

> I'm here, and ever the skeptic.  20 years ago AMs were having
> increasing
> difficulty getting people to listen, despite programming that was
> often
> better executed than similarly formatted FMs.  Today there's a whole
> generation of people who have never had a reason to listen to AM.

Hey now, every time the word snow is mentioned in a weather forecast for
a weekday morning listenership on AM's all over the place skyrockets...

Just FYI especially when I am on a local AM I make a pronouncement at the
beginning of the snow season, that I promise to give you up to the minute
information on the air...but if you call me on the telephone I just might
lie to you!  Listeners know not to call, those other folks, well.....too
bad

df
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.