Re: Conelrad question

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, A. Joseph Ross wrote:

> No, just middle-aged.  Radios with the Conelrad symbols on the dial date
> from the 1950s and early 60s.  The EBS system was in place by the mid-60s.
> A really old radio, pre-1950s, won't have the Conelrad symbols either.

And some manufacturers still kept doing it after the requirement was
lifted (mostly the imported brands had this).  I have an old mid 60s
Japanese portable with the triangles at both 64 and 1240.

Sven F. Weil
email: sven@chookus.com
WWW homepage:  http://home.gordsven.com/gordsven/sven
RadioLand Site:  http://home.gordsven.com/gordsven/sven/radiomuseum.html