Re: Conelrad question

On 26 Oct 2000,  R.L. Caron wrote:

> You know you're looking at an old radio if you see the CD in a triangle
> symbol at two places on the dial overlay. (And I suppose you know you're
> talking to an old person if they have any memory at all of CONELRAD!)

No, just middle-aged.  Radios with the Conelrad symbols on the dial date
from the 1950s and early 60s.  The EBS system was in place by the mid-60s.
A really old radio, pre-1950s, won't have the Conelrad symbols either.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/