Re: New WBZ top of the hour ID

Despite any animosity between Mel and Sumner, Karmazin  isn't going anywhere.
Eventually Sumner will step down and it seems Mel is bulking up on Viacom stock,
something I don't think he would be doing if he was looking to get out.  CBS-TV has
started to improve under Mel, and the radio division is holding its own while other
conglomerates are on very shaky financial ground.  Sumner dumping Mel, or Mel
leaving, would not bode well for Viacom's stock price long-term, since Sumner can't
run the show forever.  If he was to pass on or retire, the best person to run the
group is Mel, and Sumner knows it, whether he likes him or not.

Mike Thomas