Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 9/18: LPFM - It's Nutmeg and Granite States' Turn

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, A. Joseph Ross wrote:

> I'd guess it probably will.  Bill Kennard's term as chairman will run at
> least until January, when the new president takes office.

I may be wrong, but I think the FCC's commissioners are appointed for 5-
or 7-year terms. They don't hold office at the pleasure of the President
as do the heads of executive agencies. I think Kennard gets to keep his
job until the end of his term regardless of who is president.

Rob Landry
umar@nerodia.wcrb.com