Re: FCC Commissioners' Term

<< I may be wrong, but I think the FCC's commissioners are appointed for 5
or 7-year terms. They don't hold office at the pleasure of the President as
do the heads of executive agencies. I think Kennard gets to keep his job
until the end of his term regardless of who is president. >>

Here's what the FCC Web site has to say:

"The FCC is directed by five Commissioners appointed by the President and
confirmed by the Senate for 5-year terms, except when filling an unexpired
term. The President designates one of the Commissioners to serve as
Chairperson. Only three Commissioners may be members of the same political
party. None of them can have a financial interest in any Commission-related
business."