Re: Anti-LPFM bill heading for dustbin?

On 19 Sep 2000,  R.L. Caron wrote:

> I hate to see any legislation pass under such obviously deceitful
> circumstances because it's definitely a perversion of the process, but it
> happens all the time. Even under normal conditions, lawmakers vote on bills
> they have not read ... and in the closing days of a session that nonfeasance
> extends to voting for bills the contents of which they know nothing about or
> might actually oppose.

This seems to happen more in the Massachusetts Legislature than in
Congress.  In Congress, they don't seem ever to have an end of the session
any more.

> You want silly? In the nation's top 10 largest cities, a single LP-100
> station (in Houston) fits. Elko, Nevada and Springerville, Arizona will get
> 41 each; Billings, Montana gets 25. The combined population of the three
> small cities with 107 potential LPFMs? 120,000.

Are there any LPFM channels anywhere in Massachusetts?

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/