Re: WGAN etal

I disagree.  When I tuned in, it was apparent that many listeners took the
whole thing seriously and were not in on the joke.  As for the big voice
promo already being in the can, no one knows that Lonnie does not work in the
building.  This inside baseball stuff goes over most people's head.  I think
the average listener takes a radio station at face value when asked for their
opinion on such matters.

My personal opinion was that the whole thing made for several days of very
bad radio.  After about a half hour, all that there was to be said about the
subject had been said.  It did make the phones ring more than usual, which
brings to mind all sorts of other questions...

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

In a message dated 9/18/00 8:52:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dcole@ime.net