Re: trends can be tricky

From: "rdavisson" <rdavisson@neo.rr.com>

> All I'm saying is...the trends are fun to look at...but view them as part
of
> long-term trend. Looking at any individual month can be very misleading.
> I guess the general public's listening habbits are very odd sometimes.

Well....remember the trends aren't "individual months" anymore....since
Arbitron stopped calling them "monthlies".   They are now 3-month rolling
averages.....just the same as the book itself is a 3 month average.

I think the only difference between a "trend" and a "book" is that the book
is weighted for placement/response issues.

Whiole you drop-a-month and add-a-month...I think it is a good indication of
what's coming down the road.