Re: WTKK Revamps Overnights

----- Original Message -----
From: "Norm Rosen" <inorm99@earthlink.net>
To: "Kaimbridge M. GoldChild" <kaimbridge@my-deja.com>
Cc: "B-R-I" <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 7:46 PM
Subject: Re: WTKK Revamps Overnights

> "Kaimbridge M. GoldChild" wrote:
>
> > "Rona At Night" and David Gold are gone, replaced with:
> >
> >    10 (11?) - 1am: Lionel;
> >
> >         **1 - 5am: RonAndFez.Com
> >                    (Extremely sophmoronic, but then what
> >                     would you expect, being brought to you
> >                     by O&A's WNEW!)
> >
> >   **1-3= live, 3-5= tape delayed from 11-1
> >
> > Lionel is okay, but these other two buffoons sound like high school
> > radio rejects--imagine a pathetically lame imitation of WRKO's "Funny
> > Business", with O&A material (one of them has an obnoxiously squeally,
> > geeky cackle):  Ughhhhhhhhh!!
>
> Last night I tuned in tp WTKK expecting to hear my favorite ( and
> entertaining) therapist Rona, and heard Lionel instead.
>
> What a stupid move!!!  She's very popular, and frank, and she's also
> something else that you don't find on the radio too often anymore,
> warm...

And with a 0.8....I don't think she was too popular.

And with a 0.8...I don't think anyone is missing her.

> WTKK has made some bonehead moves.

We don't know what the reasoning is for them dropping/adding the  syndicated
fare....could be that Rhona has gotten expensive...could be they put undue
demands on the affiliate...all behind the scenes stuff.

Besides, Lionel is no slouch....having worked at WABC....he has a better
track record than Rhona...so maybe we should give it a chance.

> They continue to play musical chairs with their shifts, plus dropping and
> adding, shows and personnel.

I think they're schedule has been pretty steady since the begining of the
year.  I don't think they have changed anything on their weekday sched since
1/1/2000...no?

> The PD at WTKK the last I heard, either moved to WTKK from WBOS, or
> programs both stations.

I think this is incorrect.

The PD at WTKK was PD at WRKO at one point...   I could be wrong on
that...but your WBOS scenario is false.

> A year is not enough time to make a splash in radio, especially not
> Boston.

But it's enough time to know where they are failing miserably.....and nights
was failing miserably.