Re: WTKK Revamps Overnights

"Kaimbridge M. GoldChild" wrote:

> "Rona At Night" and David Gold are gone, replaced with:
>
>    10 (11?) - 1am: Lionel;
>
>         **1 - 5am: RonAndFez.Com
>                    (Extremely sophmoronic, but then what
>                     would you expect, being brought to you
>                     by O&A's WNEW!)
>
>   **1-3= live, 3-5= tape delayed from 11-1
>
> Lionel is okay, but these other two buffoons sound like high school
> radio rejects--imagine a pathetically lame imitation of WRKO's "Funny
> Business", with O&A material (one of them has an obnoxiously squeally,
> geeky cackle):  Ughhhhhhhhh!!

Last night I tuned in tp WTKK expecting to hear my favorite ( and
entertaining) therapist Rona, and heard Lionel instead.

What a stupid move!!!  She's very popular, and frank, and she's also
something else that you don't find on the radio too often anymore,
warm...

While I welcome always alternatives to the late night programming on WBZ,

WTKK has made some bonehead moves.

They continue to play musical chairs with their shifts, plus dropping and
adding, shows and personnel.

The PD at WTKK the last I heard, either moved to WTKK from WBOS, or
programs both stations.

The format of the month club isn't going to garner ratings either on WBOS
or WTKK, which are both hurting.

A year is not enough time to make a splash in radio, especially not
Boston.

Lionel is very funny, and intelligent but keep Rona, drop Ron and Fez.

Or move them to another shift every week :)