WVCA then? WJIB now whats the difference?

Geller ran a station out of his apartment which was unheard of in those
days. But he met the requirements of that era.

You look at today, Bob Bitner runs an AM station that is unmanned a good
portion of the broadcast day, something that never would have been allowed
in Geller's time. ( and Bob I am only using you as an example we all
know...you are doing nothing wrong, in fact you should be considered a hero)

Simon was strange, and I spent more than one evening visiting with him, but
he was doing what all of us wanted to do deep down, and that was running his
own station.

How WRBB became 104.9 will always be open to debate, and WVCA was an easy
target because Geller simply could not afford the legal battle. In the end
it certainly hurt Geller's selling price as WRBB did block the signal of
WVCA for a good 5-7 mile radius of Northeastern.

I'll attest to one thing about Simon, no station back then had better
records on file concerning programming and transmitter. That man threw
NOTHING out.

> From: "Kevin Vahey" <kvahey@mediaone.net>
>
> > Many of you remember old Simon Geller who ran a one man operation out of
> his
> > apartment in Gloucester, MA ( the old WVCA) back in the days when the
FCC