Re: WMEX to end all-local talk

--- rickganley@juno.com wrote:
> it was said...
>
> If decent, thoughtful, talk can't survive on a
> powerful
> commercial signal in Boston, it probably can't
> survive
> on any commercial station anywhere in the US.

Hold on, I think we are having the funeral before
the patient has died.  After all, it's only ONE show
that's being replaced with syndicated stuff.  And if
this brings enough fans of Dr. Browne to the
station, it could help the other programs to
survive.

I see the main problem here being that, powerful
signal or not, very few people outside of us radio
freaks even know this station exists.  As far as I
know, they have done zero advertising.  A few press
releases and word-of-mouth alone do not generate the
audiences that a station like this needs to survive.

=====
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH