Re: WMEX to end all-local talk

>Marc Lemay wrote:
<snip>
>Needless to say...whenever this change takes place on WMEX - it will be
>another disappointment in the radio department in Boston.  But, we're all
>suckers for punnishment when it comes to that.

        IMO, picking up Joy Browne is in keeping with the station's
intelligent/non-moron approach to talk radio. You could do a lot worse than
being responsible for putting Browne on in a top-10 market. If that's the
only change, and it helps allow the station to do local talk the rest of
the day, then it's good thing. Everyone here seems already to have written
the obit for WMEX's talk format. But that's radio in 2000 -- they've been
on six months and everyone is going , like, why have they waited so long to
give up.