Re: WEGP 1390

It would seem to me, in this day and age, to have turntables in the air
studio would be folly.  If you're playing vinyl because certain recordings
were never released on CD, the risk of damaging the original recording in
the air studio would be too great.  Once the vinyl has benn hit with cue
burn or scratches, its too late and likely irreplaceable.  I would limit
the turntables to production and dub an air copy onto a "house CD" or DAT
or even a cart/hardrive system.  The original could then be archived for
the next generation.

Brian

At 09:48 AM 7/24/00 -0700, Bob Nelson...WMWM wrote:
>I would expect most stations would have CDs in both
>air and production studios, and turntables in the
>production studio, at least (even if they're "on the
>shelf, just in case"). Of course, bigger stations
>probably have a lot of music/ music beds on computer
>or at least a cart.

-- Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.,75 Walnut St., Peabody, MA  01960-5626
(978)538-7575/Fax (978)538-7550/Sales (800)231-8849/Sales Fax (800)329-2775
www.cssinc.com