Re: A Nice Waste of a Clear Channel

<<On Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:57:48 -0400 (EDT), Sven Franklyn Weil <sven@gordsven.com> said:

> Couldn't they just use the existing AM 740 transmitter & antenna array
> that was abandoned by the CBC?

Scratch ``array'' and substitute ``used'' for ``abandoned''.  The CBL
site in Hornby is still very much alive and is being used by CJBC 860.

> Isn't that what the recently resurected AM stations (Info Radio and
> News 940) in Montreal are doing?

No.  940News transmits from the ex-CKVL-850 site and Info 690
transmits from the ex-CIQC-600 site.

According to Scott, who was just there last Friday, the CBC 690/940
site in Brossard still stands.  For whatever reason, the new operator
decided not to purchase it (or could not come to terms with the CBC).

-GAWollman