Re: a nice waste of a clear channel

>Kevin Vahey wrote:
>According to published reports in Canada, the old CBL ( 740) will be going
>to a "standards" format.....
>
>Too bad they can't let Bob simply simulcast WJIB instead :)

        I'd be interested in why you used that subject line. In other
words, why is a standards format necessarily a waste of a clear channel?
What would be preferable? I wish the CBC had stayed on the big AM signals,
but it didn't. And I wish WJIB had more power at night, but it isn't going
to.

        And, just think, if those Canadian content rules apply, this format
will feature all sorts of obscure Canadian standards recordings that we
never heard of before :). For all we know, Ann Murray has an album of Cole
Porter. And, half seriously, maybe it will be a little different than U.S.
standards formats. It could be interesting. One of my yardsticks is
programming that's different, that you can't hear on a bunch of other
stations.