[RE: A Providence TV Question.]

John B wrote--
>The TV Guide may have been inaccurate / slow to change
>/ unwilling to change then as they is today.

Yeah, but this was the local TV Guide.  Until mid 1953, we had our own
locally owned and produced TV Guide, called naturally, "The New England TV
Guide."  It had stories about local personalities like Dick Tucker and
Louise Morgan, and news of the stations in the region.  Thus, I would tend
to take fairly seriously  that WJAR was indeed channel 11 till sometime in
mid 1953.