Re: NBC (Barely) Escapes It's Ultimate Nightmare!

Joseph Gallant wrote:

> By the way, does anyone know how Saturday's New Jersey/Dallas
> game did? With teams in the # 1 and # 8 TV markets, I would
> think the game did much beter than the 3.1 Fox averaged a year ago

It didn't.  ABC's coverage of the Stanley Cup final got a 3.0 and a 6 share in the Nielsen overnights.  But if the ratings improve as the games get more decisive, ABC will easily outrate Fox for the series average.

Fictitious hockey did better for ABC this weekend than the real thing.  Their airing of "The Mighty Ducks" movie on Sunday picked up a 4.2 in the Nielsen overnights.

Mark Laurence
mlaurence@mindspring.com