Re: another AM over and out

<<On Thu, 01 Jun 2000 23:49:42 -0400, SteveOrdinetz <steveord@wavewizard.com> said:

> Were they running with some sort of CD jukebox automation around
> then?

This reminds me.... When I bought my first CD changer (a Sony
CDP-CX151 100-disc carousel), the warranty had lots of legal verbage
in it to the effect that the warranty was void if the unit was used in
any sort of ``professional'' application.  I guess this was to prevent
a cheap radio-station operator from loading up a changer with a bunch
of cheap various-artists compilations and then running on `all discs
shuffle' 24x7.

When I bought my current CD changer (also a Sony, this time with a
300-disc capacity), I found no such language in any of the
documentation -- and furthermore, the current generation of changers
is actually designed to be able to run `all discs shuffle' over two or
three changers to eliminate the dead period between tracks (one
changer cues up the next track while another is still playing).

-GAWollman