Re: Yoda teaches (was: Subtle Changes at WBZ)

At 10:10 PM 5/20/00 -0400, Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:
>Ok....gotcha.  The Gates were probably not direct-drive, but idler-drive
>(a wheel between the motor and the inside rim of the turntable platter),
>right?

The last Gates that I saw was a direct drive with what looked like a
washing machine motor driving the thing.  It was set up for 15"
transcription disks and had a tone arm that rivaled a plumbing device.  I
think that it needed a good running start to back cue.  Betcha couldn't
stop the SOB once you got it rolling though...

Brian, GALC