Re: Subtle Changes at WBZ

In a message dated 5/17/00 5:50:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kvahey@mediaone.net writes:

<< Same thought crossed my mind............

 Funny thing is  a month ago I was in New York and my wife was listening to
 WCBS and finally said... gee it sounds the same as WBZ >>

I think they're trying to "standardize" the sound of a lot of their news AMs,
New York (where they have the two all-news stations) not withstanding. I was
driving through Chicago a few months back and WBBM sounded almost exactly
like WCBS. I am sure that someone in Infinity headquarters in New York is
looking to have things look like a cookie-cutter across the board.