Re: Subtle Changes at WBZ

At 10:40 AM 5/17/00 -0400, Sptseditor@aol.com wrote:
>I think they're trying to "standardize" the sound of a lot of their news AMs,
>New York (where they have the two all-news stations) not withstanding. I was
>driving through Chicago a few months back and WBBM sounded almost exactly
>like WCBS. I am sure that someone in Infinity headquarters in New York is
>looking to have things look like a cookie-cutter across the board.

There has got to be some folly in all of this.  If you have something that
works, you don't fix it. WBZ is extremely successful the way that it
is.  If they tinker with the format they stand to lose market share.  When
WBZ starts to lose its numbers, that's the time to play with it.

Brian

-- Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.,75 Walnut St., Peabody, MA  01960-5626
(978)538-7575/Fax (978)538-7550/Sales (800)231-8849/Sales Fax (800)329-2775
www.cssinc.com