RE: WILD sold

My feeling is there is not much area that WILD covers 'cleanly' that WBOT
doesn't cover that has any minority community to speak of. Lowell and
Lawrence, 2 "potential" areas for an urban station are somewhat far for
WILD, though with a decent radio, it might be listenable, but would be
affected by the 2-hour before sunset 'critical hours' power drop.

WBOT makes it to about Woburn when heading due North out of Boston before
the signal starts hitting some trouble (seems to be a 'line' for WINQ from
Winchedon MA that hits Woburn enough to mess with 'BOT's signal there. WBOT
actually recovers a little further north on I-93 for about 5 more miles
before it becomes unlistenable.)

IMHO, the simulcast would be tantamount to having 1090 off the air. The
leased foreign language (spanish religious, perhaps) might make sense.

-Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH