Re: Larry Glick

>Kevin Vahey wrote:
<snip>
I can't remember how long he was
>gone between WMEX and WBZ or where he went, but I do seem to think he showed
>up at WBZ in late 68 on weekends "filling in" and the person he was filling
>in for never came back.
<snip>

        The other night Mr. Glick mentioned having been at WINZ, Miami, so
maybe that was where he was in this period?

>The year off between WBZ and WHDH ruined him....and when he did come
>>back, he was not able to recover from losing everybody west of
>Framingham.
<snip>
>I seem to recall that Westinghouse
>TRIED to get Dave Maynard to quit by putting him on all night ( c 1978?) and
>it backfired...as it did later with Bob Raleigh.
<snip>

        Can anyone / Is anyone willing to / dish the dirt here? Why did
Larry Glick leave WBZ, anyhow? Why was Westinghouse trying to get rid of
Dave Maynard, and how was it that then it got turned around and he became
the AM drive host?
        Also, you got me thinking about how Mr. Raleigh really wanted very
little made of his retirement last year, and what few comments he made were
surprisingly unemotional and seemed sort of forced, even. It's like he
didn't want to talk about it, period. It sounded like you had to drag it
out of him. Now I'm wondering if at least partly he never really got over
the negative part of how he ended up doing that program, even though he was
very successful at it for a lot of years and all that. Even though a lot of
people in radio might say they'd love to get "demoted" to theWBZ overnight
program, they'd be comparing it to what they're doing now. The fact is that
demoted is demoted, any way you cut it.