Re: Fwd: Re: I read the Wall Street Journal so you don't have to

I think that argument was probably used in the late
thirties, when I was just a toddler, in response to the
bobby soxers (that era's equivalent of today's
Generation Y). Either the writer simply thought the idea
would sell books or he is young enough himself that he
lacks historical perspective. I do not think that
today's situation is unique--except perhaps that today's
decision makers are more ignorant of history than were
their counterparts several generations ago.